2021 MRS Spring Meeting

Green Cards for Scientific Researchers—How to Win Your EB-1/NIW Case!

Wednesday, April 21
1:45 pm – 2:45 pm ET

Brian Getson S21Brian H. Getson (click for biography), Getson & Schatz, P.C.

Interested in getting a permanent Green Card to work in the United States? Generally, a foreign national seeking permanent residence through employment must be sponsored by his or her employer, who must complete the PERM Labor Certification process before sponsoring the foreign national for an immigrant visa.

From start to finish, the PERM process can take six months or longer. However, there are numerous routes to an employment-based permanent residence that do not require PERM Labor Certification, thereby allowing foreign nationals and their employers to avoid this complicated process while also potentially significantly reducing wait time to obtain employment-based permanent residence.

This presentation will cover and compare the criteria for EB-1A classification for foreign nationals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, EB-1B classification for foreign nationals who are outstanding researchers and professors, and the National Interest Waiver (“NIW”) Category.

Getson & Schatz Logo
For more information, visit https://researchergreencard.com/.

Publishing Alliance

MRS publishes with Springer Nature


Symposium Support