The Science as Art Competition is open to all registered 2021 MRS Fall Meeting attendees, including both attendees of The Boston Experience (In Person) and The Virtual Experience. Finalists' entries will be on display on the MRS website. Multiple first-place and second-place awards of $400 and $200, respectively, will be presented to the winning entries at the Meeting.
- You must be a registered attendee of the 2021 MRS Fall Meeting to
- Submissions are limited to one image per contestant and should complement the "science" component of the meeting. Multiple submissions by a single contestant will be disqualified.
- Images may be obtained by any material imaging technique. They can also be the result of modeling and simulation, or can be obtained by combining multiple images into one artistic image. Because the focus is on art, the aesthetic rather than scientific
quality of the image is the key element in the competition. Nevertheless, the images must have some connection to materials science.
- All images are to be submitted using the form below as a high resolution JPG file of at least 300 DPI (10MB maximum size) on or before October 22, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT. Please include the submitter's last name in the title of the JPG file.
Meeting Chairs will select a group of finalists from these submissions and will notify all entrants of their status by November 1, 2021. Finalists will then have their image displayed on the MRS website for voting and general display.
- Format: All submitted images must include a title, short description of the technique used, the object that was imaged and any special conditions.
- Voting: Meeting attendees will independently determine first and second place selections via the MRS website. First-place Science as Art images will be awarded $400 prizes by the Chairs. Second-place prizes of $200 each will also
be awarded. Each entry is eligible for only one prize.
Please contact email@example.com
with any questions regarding your submission.
You must be logged in to submit to the Science as Art competition. Log in »