- Authors must be prepared before presenting to allow fast and easy transition from one talk to another to avoid unnecessary delays between presentations. All talks are limited to the amount of time listed in the program, which includes setup time to connect laptops or flash drives.
- Oral Presentations: Contributed presentations are 15 minutes and invited speaker presentations are 30 minutes (set up and Q&A are included within this time frame). A presentation must not start late or extend past the scheduled end time. PowerPoint screen size is 16:9.
- Laptops: Authors must bring their own laptops, any power cords, and any proprietary cords (adaptors). MRS does not supply laptops, laser pointers or slide advancers. If you want to use a laser pointer or slide advancer, be sure to bring your own as MRS no longer provides laser pointers. Also, your presentation should be backed up on a USB flash drive in case of unforeseen compatibility issues.
Connectors: An HDMI connection (recommended) and a VGA secondary connection cable from the computer to the LCD projector will be provided in each room, including the Speaker Ready Room.
Adaptors: A selection of HDMI adaptors for the following connections will be available in each room, including the Speaker Ready Room. These adaptors allow for connection of a standard HDMI cable from the projector into these types of computer ports:
- 8” Micro‐HDMI “D” (M) to HDMI (F)
- 8” Mini‐HDMI “C” (M) to HDMI (F)
- 8” Mini‐DisplayPort (M) to HDMI (F)
- 8” DisplayPort (M) to HDMI (F)
- 9” USB “C” (M) to HDMI (F)
- DVI(M) to HDMI (F)
- Speaker Ready Room: In order to be prepared for your presentation, a Speaker Ready Room is provided at the Hynes Convention Center (Hynes, Level 3, Across from Room 300) to help presenting authors give a smooth and trouble-free presentation. Testing your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room will minimize potential equipment compatibility issues.
If you do not use the Speaker Ready room in advance, please test your presentation no later than the “break” immediately preceding your scheduled presentation. The break is defined as the time before the first morning talk, during the 12:00-1:30 pm lunch break or during the afternoon break. Note: Only one presenter at a time will be connected to the LCD projector.
- Standard Audio Visual Package: LCD projector, screen, and wireless lapel microphone. ONLY meeting rooms with seating capacity over 150 attendees will have wireless microphones for Q&A.
- Non-Standard Audio Visual Package: Requests for additional audio-visual equipment not included in the standard package must be submitted to your symposium organizer, who will present the request to MRS Accounting Manager, Mallory Starr.
- Audio Visual Assistance: Only minimal audio-visual assistance can be expected from your session chair or the symposium assistant. If a problem arises, please relay the issue to the symposium assistant, who will contact the appropriate personnel.
- Security: MRS is not responsible for the security of any personal equipment.
- MRS strongly encourages all presenters, both onsite and virtual, to record and upload a pre-recorded audio over PowerPoint version of their presentation, which should be saved in either an .MP4 or .MOV format. This will provide a wider audience for your talk and provide all registered attendees, both onsite and virtual, the opportunity to view all 2021 MRS Fall Meeting presentations on their own schedules. Registered attendees will have access to the virtual meeting and will be able to view on-demand content until January 15, 2022. Instructions for creating and uploading an on-demand presentation are posted here. The deadline to upload your recorded presentation is November 24.
MRS Recording Policy
Recording of Presentations is Strictly Prohibited
No individual or entity—including a presenting author—may electronically record or broadcast any portion of the MRS Meeting without prior written consent of MRS. Unauthorized recording (audio, video, still photography, etc.) of presentations during sessions, posters, workshops, tutorials, etc., without the express written consent of MRS and individual authors is strictly prohibited. MRS reserves the rights to any approved audio and video production of presentations at all MRS events.
Press representatives must receive a Press Pass and photo/recording permission from MRS.
Those who do not comply with the MRS recording policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Attendees or exhibitors are encouraged to network and enjoy the meeting experience. As such, capturing memories of casual meeting activities and networking is permitted with the permission of those being prominently photographed. Photographing formal meeting presentations, posters, or displays is forbidden without permission of MRS and the presenter.
Those who do not comply with the MRS photo policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Videos and Photos for MRS Use
MRS Meeting attendance implies your consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded for use on the MRS website or news publications. Please note that no technical presentations will be recorded without prior consent of MRS and the authors.