This brief meeting will discuss the MRS University Chapters Program. Current Chapter officers, faculty advisors and students who wish to form a University Chapter should attend.
MRS Volunteer and Chair of the University Chapters and Special Projects Subcommittee, Husam Alshareef, will moderate this meeting and will discuss what we’ve been up to for this past semester!
And, be sure to sign up for the T-shirt Design Contest and wear your t-shirt into the meeting! Please add into the “Comments” section of the RSVP “Add University Name: Please enter us into the T-shirt Design Challenge!”
Design a Shirt to Promote Your MRS University Chapter and/or Materials Science
This is your chance to show off your Chapter’s creative talents during the University Chapter Representatives Meeting! We know that MRS Chapter members are brilliant and now we want to know who is the most unique and creative! The Materials Research Society invites your Chapter to submit your creative shirt design (any kind—t-shirt, polo shirt, denim shirt, your choice) to showcase either materials science or your Chapter, or BOTH!
The goal is to be creative and have fun ... and then prepare to model and promote your shirt at the Chapter Representatives Meeting.
It’s a fun chance to win $100 for the winning t-shirt (the 1st and 2nd runners-up get $50), but it can go a long way toward a celebration party for your Chapter members OR a round of t-shirts with your Chapter’s design!
T-shirt Design Contest Guidelines
- Additional points for Chapters who have their entire representatives model the creation. It will take skill to sell your masterpiece to the crowd – so make it fun! The t-shirts will be judged on the basis of creativity, originality, relevance to materials research and modeling/promotional efforts.
- At least one member of each participating Chapter must wear their creation to the Chapter meeting.
- Top 10 reasons to be a materials researcher
- Schematic/micrograph/image showing an important materials theme
- Pictures of your MRS Chapter activities
- A new logo for your Chapter
So, don’t come to the Monday meeting shirtless, start designing NOW! It’s time to prepare for the MRS version of Project Runway!
Want to forge a new path? Start an MRS University Chapter!
To find out more about forming a University Chapter, visit mrs.org/university-chapters