The 61st Electronic Materials Conference (EMC) is now soliciting Late News abstracts on late-breaking, cutting edge work in the electronic materials field for the upcoming conference at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
Late News abstracts have two parts—a text abstract and an extended abstract. Please make sure that you include the name of the topic to which your late news abstract should be submitted. The topic titles can be found on the Topics page.
New This Year!
When choosing a symposium during submissions, we realize that topical areas do overlap in some cases. The authors should use their best judgment to select the topical area with the best fit to their abstract. So you can choose a second, optional topical area. The program committee may move abstracts to related topical areas if rearrangement produces better session flow or to accommodate schedule constraints. Researchers in computational physics are encouraged to submit their abstracts to a session that includes experimental work on their material system.
The text abstract will appear in the conference program book if accepted. It should include the following:
- Presenter’s first and last name, affiliation, address, city, (state or province if applicable), country, email address.
- Co-Authors—Co-Authors first and last names, affiliations, city, (state or province if applicable), country, email address.
- Abstract body—This should be text only of 4000 characters or less. Do not include figures or tables in this section. Do not reference anything on the extended abstract page in the text abstract.
- Topic in which it should be included as well as a secondary choice of topic, if you wish and it is applicable.
- Whether you prefer a poster or an oral presentation. (This decision is up to the organizers.)
- If you are a student, please note this as we need to know.
The extended abstract’s sole purpose is to explain your work in more detail to the grading committee. It will not be published in the program book. It should consist of pictures, graphs tables or any materials that may aid in the further evaluation of your submission. It can be in color. Text can be included in the extended abstract as well.
- It is REQUIRED and your abstract will not be reviewed without the extended abstract.
- It is limited to one page only. Please ensure that the information on the page is readable.
- It should be submitted as a PDF or a word document.
Email your Late News submission to Marla Boots at email@example.com by midnight ET on April 30, 2019. Late News text abstracts will be included in the final program if accepted.